The story of the last wind controller, known as the Avatar, is an American animated television series aired by the television network Nickelodeon. Taking place in the world of martial arts and magic of natural elements with Asian influence. The story follows the adventures of the successor title for the sake of adventure Avatar named Aang and his friends in their journey to save the world from a vicious fire country. The series is written in the form of book series, with each episode regarded as a "chapter".
In 2010 this would sobeX-actionnya watching a live version on the big screen. However, for wide-screen version of the studio, drop the word "Avatar" in the title. This happens because the aging director James Cameron had already given the title 'Avatar' in the film garapannya.
'The Last Airbender', will show the adventures of Aang, the Avatar who has the power to control air, water, earth and fire. Along with Katara and Sokka, Aang tries to restore the balance of the earth elements. In this concern the film, star of 'Slumdog Millionaire' Dev Patel will appear as the evil Zukko. Meanwhile, Aang character played by 12-year-old boy who champion Texas Taekwondo, Noah Ringer. The plan, 'The Last Airbender' is split into a trilogy. The first of a planned trilogy, a film starring Noah Ringer, Nicola Peltz, Jackson Rathbone, and Dev Patel, will be marketed and released in North America by Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon Movies on July 2, 2010. Therefore, many sobeX who can not wait to witness the greatness of Aang in the series 'The Last Airbender' this.
When he knew to be aired with the title of Avatar The Last Airbender, you should browse to the internet to find out the story of the movie first. According to him again, stories about the adventures of the Avatar is very exciting, although sometimes it can be said beyond logic, but still aja story was interesting and look forward to. If to schedule watching the anime series aired glass screen, the Son, greeting, never claimed to want to miss it. Because if already missed one episode, so less attractive anymore and dont know when the end of the base will be watching the next episode.
It turned out that not only the Son who mengandrungi this animated series Avatar. MAN 1 Fajrul Afif from Pekanbaru also shared his enthusiasm in the story The Last Airbender wait. This tall guy confessed also really like watching the animated series.
However irwan will always win the struggle for the remote and can watch the story of Avatar. Unfortunately, not every action of Aang and his friends can testify. He never missed watching because overslept. "I never miss watching the story of Aang, because overslept after a football practice. At that time I was exhausted and went to bed. Keblablasan and would not have time to watch the story of Aang.
The Last Airbender
Avatar: The Last Airbender (Indonesian: Avatar, the last wind controller; known as Avatar: The Last Airbender in the United States and several countries) is an American animated television series aired by the television network Nickelodeon. Taking place in the world of martial arts and magic of natural elements with Asian influence, the story follows the adventures of the successor title for adventure Avatar named Aang and his friends in their journey to save the world from the Fire Nation's despicable. The series is written in the form of book series, with each episode regarded as a "chapter" (chapter), and each season is called the "book" (book). In Indonesia, the film was aired by Global TV.
Avatar: The Last Airbender takes place in a fantasy world, home to humans, a variety of fantastic animals, and spirits. Human civilization is divided into four nations, Spare Air (Water Tribe), Kingdom of Earth (Earth Kingdom), Air Nomads (Air Nomads), and the State Fire (Fire Nation). In every nation there are people who are called Bender (literally means "bending", but in this case is considered "controller") that has the ability to control the natural elements according to their nations. Control the natural elements of this art is a fusion style of martial arts and magic of natural elements.
In every generation, there is someone who is able to control every element, which is called as the Avatar, the spirit of the planet incarnate in human form. When the Avatar dies, he will be reborn in a nation that always turn alternately in accordance with the cycle of Avatars, which along with the seasons: winter for water, spring for earth, summer for fire, and autumn for air. Legend says that the Avatar must learn the art of controlling elements in accordance with the order, starting with the original elements of the Avatar nations, but sometimes this order can dilewat if circumstances force. Study the elements controlling the opposite of the original elements of the nation that someone is extremely difficult because of differences in style of martial arts and doctrines.
Map of the four nations
A century before the opening story of this series, Aang, a boy 12-year-old wind controller from Southern Air Temple belongs to the Air Nomads, was told by the elders that he is "The Avatar". Usually, the Avatar was told his true identity as the Avatar when he turned 16 years old, however, the monks feared that a war going on among the four nations will soon happen and soon the Avatar would be required to maintain balance and peace of the world. This makes Aang is very confused and depressed. Long story short, Aang fled from Southern Air Temple, but in the middle of the road he met with a very big storm and he and Appa (his giant flying bull) fell sank into the sea. But Aang immediately makes the ball around his body and Appa air so he does not get wet. Air ball is frozen water around so that Aang and Appa trapped in ice.
In the episode "The Boy in the Iceberg," two teenagers from the Southern Water Tribe named Katara - a controller of water - and his brother named Sokka, find Aang in an iceberg, and then they released him. Then, from their description, Aang knows that as long as he disappeared, the fear of the monks would have been a reality of war. Many years during his escape, the Fire Nation into the homes of controlling the fire, entered the war to attack the other three nations, namely the Kingdom of Earth, Water Tribe, and the Air Nomads. All of the air temples were destroyed, including the Air Nomads, they were slaughtered so that Avatar could not be reincarnated. That caused Aang to be the last air controllers on Earth. An obligation to study the control of four elements, in order to defeat the Fire King and bring back peace and harmony on earth. To assume these duties, Aang, Katara and Sokka accompanied by, along with two other pets - Momo and Appa - to seek expert control elements and learning to become an Avatar, and at the same time they must avoid capture by the efforts of the Fire Nation
Avatar many art and mythology borrowed from the Asian continent to create a fictional world. Avatar also mixing philosophy, language, religion, martial arts, fashion and culture of Asian countries such as China, Japan, Mongolia, Korea, India, and Tibet. The appearance of Water Tribe seems to be influenced by the Inuit culture. Openly can be found in the influence of art and history of China, Japanese anime, Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, and Yoga hiring production staff cultural consultant, Edwin Zane, to review the manuscript of the story.
The meaning of the term Avatar
Avatar The term comes from Sanskrit, namely Avatāra, which means "down". In Hindu mythology, gods manifest itself with a down to earth incarnate to restore the balance in the earth after having the time of the crime, and they called the Avatar. Chinese characters that appear above the word "Avatar" at the opening of the story meant "Intermediaries God who descended into the mortal world."
When Aang was a child, she knew that she was a four-game Avatar when choosing among thousands of other toys. Four of the toys are toys that are similar to those chosen by the Avatar of previous generations while still small, and prove that a reincarnation of the Avatar Aang. This is a test similar to that performed by children in Tibetan Buddhism to test whether he is the reincarnation of Tulku Lama. According to the book "Magic and Mystery in Tibet" by Alexandra David-Néel, "some objects such as talismans, ritual tools, books, cups of tea, and others put together, and the children will take objects, which Tulku is a possessive former, and it shows that he recognizes his memory in an earlier life. " Official Avatar site says, the successor is Expected to Show Signs of continuity with the previous Avatar, Standard and Poor 'being born within a week of the death.
Cast See also: List of Avatar: The Last Airbender characters
* Noah Ringer as Aang,who disappeared from public sight a hundred years ago. While chronologically 112 years old, Aang still retains his biological age of 12. He is the latest reincarnation of the Avatar. Though he is capable of bending all four elements, at the beginning of the film he has only learned to airbend. It is also his duty to maintain balance in
the world, which conflicts with his easy-going, fun-loving personality.
* Nicola Peltz as Katara,a 14-year-old girl of the Southern Water Tribe and its last remaining waterbender of the Southern Water Tribe. Since the death of her mother, Kaya, she has served as the maternal figure in her family, and is no stranger to responsibility despite her young age. She is Aang's good friend and love interest.
* Jackson Rathbone as Sokka,a 15-year-old warrior from the Southern Water Tribe and Katara's older brother. He can be condescending, and has no bending powers, but is extremely intelligent (He just doesn't show it at times) and often takes up leadership roles by virtue of coming up with most of the workable plans and tactics. In the animated series, he was also a primary source of comic relief, as was he in the film.
* Dev Patel as Prince Zuko,a 16-year-old Fire Nation prince who travels with his uncle Iroh. The former heir to the throne, he was exiled by his father, Fire Lord Ozai, and ordered to capture the Avatar (who had not been seen in almost a century, making the assignment a wild goose chase) in order to regain his lost honor. He is the primary antagonist of the film.
* Shaun Toub as Iroh,Zuko's uncle. He is extremely easy-going and friendly, and often acts as a surrogate father to Zuko. Formerly a great general of the Fire Nation, personal tragedies led to his retirement, and the role of heir-presumptive passed to his younger brother Ozai.
* Aasif Mandvi as Admiral Zhao,a hot-tempered Fire Nation Commander in pursuit of the Avatar. He is Zuko's principal rival.
* Seychelle Gabriel as Princess Yue,the princess of the Northern Water Tribe. She has committed herself to defending her people against Fire Nation attacks.She is also Sokka's love interest of the film.
* Jessica Andres as Suki,the leader of the young female warriors, the Kyoshi Warriors.
* Cliff Curtis as Fire Lord Ozai, the leader of the Fire Nation as well as Prince Zuko's father. He is the secondary antagonist of the film, and the main antagonist of the series.
* Summer Bishil as Azula, the daughter of Ozai and sister of Zuko who is a gifted firebender as well as a sociopath.
* Francis Guinan as Master Pakku, known as the greatest waterbender in the entire Northern Water Tribe. He teaches Aang and Katara waterbending.
* Katharine Houghton as Kanna, the grandmother of Katara and Sokka.
* Damon Gupton as Monk Gyatso, an Air Nomad who was a dear friend of Aang's who was killed by Fire Nation soldiers long ago.
* John Noble as the Dragon Spirit, a being of the spirit world who serves as a mentor to Aang.