Robin Hood became a accepted folk amount starting in medieval times continuing through avant-garde literature, films, and television. In the ancient sources Robin Hood is a commoner, but he was generally afterwards portrayed as an blueblood wrongfully beggared of his acreage and fabricated into an outlaw by an arrant sheriff.
Robin Hood is an accessible blur based on the Robin Hood legend, directed by Ridley Scott and starring Russell Crowe. It is due for absolution on May 14, 2010. The blur began development in 2007 aback Universal Studios acquired a calligraphy advantaged Nottingham, depicting a ballsy Sheriff of Nottingham to be played by Crowe. Scott's annoyance with the calligraphy led him to adjournment filming, and during 2008 it was rewritten into a adventure about Robin Hood acceptable an outlaw, with the position of actuality Sheriff as allotment of the story. Scott alone the closing bend and Nottingham was retitled to reflect the added acceptable angle.
* Russell Crowe plays Robin Hood; it is his fifth accord with Scott. Accepting admired the appearance aback childhood, Crowe abutting the activity admitting actuality initially affronted with the script. He spent 10 months account books about the appearance and his actual basis, acquainted "This has got to be the best [Robin Hood depiction] anytime done, contrarily I should be accomplishing article else." Crowe put on weight for 2008's Body of Lies, so Universal advised sending an NBA trainer to Australia to drillmaster him aback into fitness. Crowe accomplished with a bow and arrow for four months and was able to hit a ambition from 45 meters.
* Cate Blanchett as Lady Marian.
* Mark Strong as Sir Godfrey, King John's henchman. Aback interviewed in November 2008, Strong declared the appearance was originally alleged Conrad and was based on Guy of Gisbourne. He declared him as accepting albino beard and a birthmark from actuality addled by a crossbow bolt.
* Oscar Isaac as King John of England.
* Mark Lewis Jones as Thomas Longstride, Robin Hood's father.
* Mark Addy as Friar Tuck.
* William Hurt as William Marshal, 1st Earl of Pembroke.
* Danny Huston as King Richard the Lionheart.
* Eileen Atkins as Eleanor of Aquitaine, King Richard and King John's mother. Vanessa Redgrave was originally casting for the part, but pulled out afterwards the afterlife of her daughter, extra Natasha Richardson.
* Max von Sydow as Sir Walter Loxley.
* Matthew Macfadyen as the Sheriff of Nottingham.
* Kevin Durand as Little John.
* Léa Seydoux as Isabella of Angoulême.
* Scott Grimes as Will Scarlet, Robin's nephew.
* Alan Doyle as Allan A'Dayle. Crowe enlisted Doyle to comedy the Merry Men's minstrel, accepting collaborated on the anthology My Hand, My Heart.